St. Ann Parish was established on June 8, 1931 by Cardinal Dennis Dougherty, Archbishop of Philadelphia. The Reverend Paul Pekarik was installed as the first Pastor.
During the 1940's the parish of St. Ann's undertook the mission of providing a full-time Catholic education for its parish youth. Under the leadership of Father Pekarik, St. Ann School opened in 1949, with 132 students; by 1954, the school had a permanent building and 273 students. Several classrooms and an auditorium were added in 1957. By the mid-1960's the school served over 350 students. St. Ann School was staffed primarily by the Sisters of Saint Francis from its founding through 1985.
Reverend James Sweeney served as a Pastor from 1975 - 1985 and also led the construction of the St. Ann's new church building. In September 1985 Monsignor Thomas Hoban was installed as the third pastor and the Benedictine Sisters joined the parish community.
Monsignor Hoban devotedly served the parish and school community for over 20 years until his retirement in 2008. Monsignor Hoban was instrumental during growth periods leading to the construction of Parish Education Center, Arts Wing and a monastery for the religious sisters.
Where We Are Today
In 2008, Mrs. Diana Kile was selected to serve as the fourth Principal of St. Ann. Mrs. Kile remains committed to providing our students with a solid educational environment that incorporates the ideals and values of Jesus Christ and His Catholic Church.